Notes on Emacs chat between John Wiegley and Sacha Chua
on Emacs chat between John Wiegley and Sacha Chua :emacs:linux:en:
See http://sachachua.com/blog/2012/07/transcript-emacs-chat-john-wiegley/ for the video and transcript.
I only record key points,
- Use gnus heavily
- ERC in another Emacs instance
- Look at Magit buffer to get overview
- Use built in vc mode, `C-x v =' to get diff of current file
- One single org, other seven are archives
- Helm (fork of anything.el)
- Gnus read mail and rss (gwene), Adaptive scoring is good.
- fetchmail to fetch from Gmail
- Organize Structure (rename/moving files folders)
- Twenty items in hot list in org-mode linking to other lists and areas of machine
- Dropbox to record voice at http://dropbox.com and org-mode hook to get voice message
- M-m to call `org-capture'
- 'Quick Keys' on Mac plus some apple script (Viewing page in Chrome, M-n to activate emacs, put a link)
- Emacs can view PDF
- Reading Emacs manual from the scratch
- Emacspeak to read the manual
- Ledger for the accounting