Notes on Emacs chat between John Wiegley and Sacha Chua
See http://sachachua.com/blog/2012/07/transcript-emacs-chat-john-wiegley/ for the video and transcript.
I only record items useful for me.
- Use gnus heavily
- ERC in another Emacs instance
- Look at Magit buffer to get overview
- Use builit in vc mode,
C-x v =' to get diff of current file </li> <li>One single org, other seven are archives </li> <li>Helm (fork of anything.el) </li> <li>Gnus read mail and rss (gwene), Adaptive scoring is good. </li> <li>fetchmail to fetch from Gmail </li> <li>Organize Structure (rename/moving files folders) </li> <li>Twenty items in hot list in org-mode linking to other lists and areas of machine </li> <li>Dropvox to record voice at dropbox.com and org-mode hook to get voice message </li> <li>M-m to callorg-capture'
- 'Quick Keys' on Mac plus some apple script (Viewing page in Chrome, M-n to activate emacs, put a link)
- Emacs can view PDF
- Reading Emacs manual from the scratch
- Emacspeak to read the manual
- Ledger for the accounting